A whimsical message arrived through my email. "Dear Lord," it began. "So far today, Lord, I have done all right.
I haven't gossiped, lost my temper, haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or over-indulgent. I am very thankful for that. But in a few minutes, Lord, I am going to get out of bed.
And from that point on, I am probably going to need a lot more help. Amen.".Imagine waking up each morning with deep inner peace and joy that lasts throughout the day! This type of emotional abundance is possible. While I'm always open for a grand miracle of instantaneous healing, for most of us transformation to a greater life is a process. The habits of twenty, thirty, or forty years, are generally not wiped away in one or two days.
But freedom is achievable. So what does this freedom look like? Freedom means mental quiet from relentless inner self-criticism; freedom from having to rely on strategies of worry, stress, anger, fear and despair. It involves an inner state of peace, sensitivity, compassion, acceptance, beingness, and grace. Emotional freedom means that we have released ourselves from resentments and regrets, and have healed from unforgiveness, sorrows, losses, insults, disappointments, hatreds, and jealousies. Full healing like this is possible as we continue to question what we believe, and uncover new truths. The following list may provide a map to show where you are in your own path to freedom:.
1. No longer cope by overeating, starving or feeling driven to diet.2. Free from all addictions.3. Support yourself and don't turn on yourself ? even when others do.
4. Know at least 3 things that make you feel better that do not depend on another person.5.
Allow spontaneous movement, speech, loving touch, play and laughter.6. Accept that you are human, knowing it's okay to make mistakes.7. Consciously choose to intentionally dwell on desired outcomes versus relentlessly reliving past hurts, disappointments and failures.
8. The decisions you make allow you to be excited and passionate. You are committed to your decisions and follow through with appropriate actions.
You honor your word, to yourself and to others.9. You realize that you no longer believe:.You need to be perfect.
You must have everyone's love and approval.It's easier to avoid your problems than to face them.Life should be easy.Life should be fair."You owe me.".
Solutions are black or white.Love must be earned.Change is easy, or change happens spontaneously.10. Accepting of difficult feelings and emotions while having the skills and self-leadership necessary to cope and regain joy.
11. Take the time to reflect, meditate, pray or sit silently. Allow time for giving thanks and appreciating life in the moment.12.
Creative in your life, flexible and no longer rigid.13. Powerful and assertive with a sense of power over choices.14. Clear on your life's purpose, using your talents to contribute to your own joy.15.
Responsible for your life, not blaming anyone for the way you feel, think or act.16. Self-respect, honesty, truthfulness.
Honest and truthful with speech, saying what you really mean and feel.17. Recognize that you do not have to have an opinion or be right about everything.18. Seek excellence in self, not perfection.
19. Live within your body, more relaxed and connected to yourself, breathing, and feelings.20. Live in a state of acceptance of what is while also holding onto your dream.21.
Discernment instead of judgement. Judgement sees good/bad, right/wrong. Discernment recognizes "useful" and "not useful" to you right now.
22. Genuine smiles, authentic feelings of gratitude, loving and receptive to love..About the Author.Helping people let go of self-destructive thoughts, emotions, and behaviors has been the life work of Dr.
Annette Colby. Her fascination with the power of the mind, emotions, spirituality, and physicality has led her to become a leader in the field of personal growth and consciousness. She is a valued counselor, and an inspiring teacher, as well as an independent writer, mentor, and guide. She is a highly sought-after trainer with a unique ability to inform and inspire individuals to open their hearts, love more openly, and pursue their dreams.
Dr. Annette Colby, RD
Nutrition Therapist & Master Energy Therapist.Subscribe to our FREE content filled newsletter and see why it's been called the best e-zine on the net!.http://www.LovingMiracles.
"Opening Creative Portals to Success".
By: Annette Colby